Thursday, January 6, 2011

workout # 3

We had a very busy week. Jacob started his new school which is a big adjustment for him and us. Lots of hard home work done ways I have never heard of before. Well I never knew so many ways to multiply double and triple digit  numbers and not one of the ways was long division like we knew. We showed Jay our way and then the long division way also.He has not even learned all his multiple tables and never has done division . Well I am sure glad I continued to use my brain and not a calculator, or we would of been in trouble. I may have not gotten to the gym alot but my brain has gotten a workout. Well we went to the gym tonight with our trainer we went to the cycle room did 40 min on cycle then put ankle weights on . We did side leg raises 2 sets, front leg raises 2 sets, all with weights . We did side steps 2 set with rubber bands . She forgot we had leg   weights on so we continued with sit ups 2 sets then sit ups with the ball.We finished our workout with 10 more minutes on the bike . We go again tomorrow, so far it feels great to workout . We need to make time to go with our schedule on a regular schedule. That is our goal . We are trying to eat healthy so I had a pot roast with carrots potato and spinach on Mon. Tuesday I made soup out of the left over beef with carrots and mushroom's,and onions and wheat noodles. I made quiona and added it to our soup .This was very good and was very filling. Jacob loved the soup and added the quiona to it. He then put some on a plate and ate that. He said he loved this as I always made this the best. I think he thought it was rice but ate more of this then he has ever eaten rice . It was so funny but I guess you had to be there and know how particular he is with his food. That is all for now remember I may be slow but i will get there. My first goal in 2011 is a 5k in March . More on this next time.

3 comments:

  1. A 5k? Really? That's awesome! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Quinoa! And knowing how picky Jacob is that is a great thing that he likes it, and it's funny that he thinks you make it all the time. Check out the red quinoa too, though he might not eat it because you change the color.

    When is the 5K? St. Patricks Day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait till he gets in High school. youll have no idea what hes doing. just dont let him take Calculus...unless he turns out to be a kid genius!

    glad to hear the exercise is going well for you. please keep it up! once you can make it part of your lifestyle...it gets easier to manage.

    ReplyDelete